It’s the Jewish month of Adar, and some of us around here have been waiting all year for it to arrive.
With two weeks to go until Purim, I can’t help but offer a few ideas for healthy gifts of shalach manos. Some of these we’ve made in the past, and some of them are ideas my kids and I brainstormed.
1. HOMEMADE GRANOLA and dried fruit
2. HOMEMADE HUMMUS and carrots
3. A sandwich and veggies
4. Pineapple woman. I don’t have a photo of this diva, but a few years back we made a face on a pineapple using an orange slice, grapes and strawberries. She was stunning.
5. Cereal, milk and a banana
6. Veggie Man
7. HOMEMADE GRANOLA BARS and fruit
Read other Purim ideas from kosher bloggers in this month’s Joy of Kosher blogging link up:
2 thoughts on “Healthy Shalach Manos?!”
I would LOVE to receive one of these and for years we did things like this, but I don’t think the average person/family appreciates them and they take so much more work and often money (not to mention since they are fresh they usually need to be prepared last minute). Plus since kids are usually the one’s who deliver and receive often if it is not candy they make disappointed faces/comments etc. I was sort of thinking of doing sushi this year, but every year after Purim I say next year we are doing simple so I have to decide
where did you get the granola bags? now that could be done ahead of time. cute